My Photo
Name:
Location: White Oak, NC, United States

Saturday, June 25, 2011

News from the Chicken Coop

I have a weeping cherry tree that is at times a real burden. It is about 20 years old and has almost out grown it's location. The spring show of blossoms has kept me from cutting it down! This spring had an added bonus when I found the chickens feasting on the dropped petals. This is Esmeralda, my light Brahma. The petals are like snow. I was able to photograph one of the new flocks of chicks. The hen was last year's hatching and suffered a accident that caused a limping gate. I affectionately call her Gimpy! Gimpy and her chicks June 2011

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Your photos are absolutely wonderful!

June 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Windsong Journals said...

I love the pictures of Gimpy. Very well done photos. Would love to see some more.
Hugs
Pam in Seattle

July 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh! Ruby!!! Love your chickens!! And the little peepers- I am sooo jealous! All we can have are hens, no roosters (so no babies) in town. Also love, Love, LOVE the photo of your weeping cherry. How beautiful!Katy

July 8, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home