My Photo
Name:
Location: White Oak, NC, United States

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Purpose A New Project

Over on CQ4Newbies some of the girls were talking about using vanity wallets to organize their stash of threads and ribbons. Janet showed how she covered a wallet with crazy patch to give it new life. I really enjoyed the posts. I knew I had some things similar; so I have started a new project. Here are photos of the original items. I really don't like the outside of the red stripe cosmetic case by Cover Girl. It's plastic. It will definitely benefit from a re-do. Fully opened it measures about 8 1/2 inches wide by 16 inches long. It has 3 pockets. I have cut a rectangle of muslin and placed fabric patches to play with before sewing them down. The floral jewelry case is fabric and measures 9 inches wide by 14 inches. It is padded and has strips that snap-in. I'm not in to jewelry and do not understand their purpose for these strips. ?? At 14 1/2 by 28, the vanity is the largest. Pink paisley cloth with 4 zippered pockets. Made by Mary Kay, I guess it was originally intended for undies when traveling. It has a hanger attached. Not sure if I want to discard that or not. Might come in handy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home