My Photo
Name:
Location: White Oak, NC, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2011

In Honor of Our Pets

The first three blocks are the ones I created and sent to be exchanged for another block. I used trims, surface embroidery, applique, buttons and ink stamped motifs to embellish the pieced fabrics. I have some Christmas fabric with 12 days of Christmas depicted with felines. It still has a Christmasy feel I could not seem to tone down. The batik in the lower left corner was a bad choice in that I couldn't seem to tie it into the block. Angel kitties represent all those beloved pets who have crossed the bridge before us. I found this one impossible to embroider on. Why I don't know. Instead I used ribbons ,trims and buttons. These blocks were created by Lori . These are the blocks I received in the Cat and Dog block swap on CQ for Newbies. Crazy quilting is a free form of expression using a pieced foundation. Then buttons, embroidery of all descriptions and trims is used to embellish the block. This block I received from Chris. I think I have the great beginnings of a small quilt. I plan to piece an additional three blocks in coordinating colors and theme.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LV said...

I have seen a lot of quilts and I own a lot, but never one made for a dogie. You are doing very well on yours.

April 10, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

THANKS FOR SHARING! HUGS

April 11, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home