My Photo
Name:
Location: White Oak, NC, United States

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday for Two

After reading Donna's inspiring story, I have been searching for a photo that might 'tell a story' for me. I thought I might post a bout my brother but that photo has slipped through my fingers and will have to be shown at a later date. Speaking of my brother, he maintains a family history web page. I was over at his house and he'd been scanning some photos. This one spoke to me. I was born on my grandfather's birthday. We shared many birthday parties/ cakes together. Looks like we had ice cream too. I'm not sure but I think I am 13/14 in this picture. Granddaddy was born in 1880. He would have been 89 here if I date this picture correctly. I wish I had a better memory. I always enjoyed sharing a birthday but don't know what he actually thought. His health during those days was not great. Thank God for family and photos! Linking to Making Memories Monday

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brynwood Needleworks said...

How wonderful that you could share your grandfather's birthdate! My grandpa was one of my favorite people. They do hold special places in their granddaughter's hearts, don't they? Thanks for participating in Memory Lane Mondays, Ruby! I'm already looking forward to our February stories! (goodie!)
Have a great weekend.
xoxo
Donna

February 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Andi's English Attic said...

I think your granddad would have felt so special to have his grandchild arrive on his birthday. I share a birthday with my g-grandmother but sadly never met her.

I wish the camera had been invented about 100 years before it was! xx

February 6, 2011 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home