My Photo
Name:
Location: White Oak, NC, United States

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fabulous First Timers Round Robin

This is Pam's block. I was the third person to work on this. My work is in silk ribbon on the right side. Purple, beige and turquoise flowers and at the bottom a group of cattails. This block belongs to Linda. I am the second person to work on her block. I did the long trail of silk ribbon, beads and stitches again on the right side. The white patch at the top holds a spider web but I did it in DMC effervescence and it doesn't show up well. I'd love to rearrange and add to the button trail! This is Katy's block. I had to restrain my stitching. I tend to like bigger and more. I found some great embroidery motifs on flickr and used them. There's the purple butterfly and the blue fan in the lower left. The smaller butterfly Linda tatted. The dark brown patch included a diamond emblem in it's design so I created a birdhouse out of it and added a branch. I don't know where I got the blue heart. I added beads to it. The yellow-orange half fan, the yellow roses and the orange medallion I bought from Nicki Lee. This is Judy's block. I added the purple irises in silk ribbon on the lower left and a button trail to the right of that. I added six dragonfly charms, a butterfly bead and a bee charm to the rest of the stitching. This is the gorgeous block I sent out bare and received back with loads of stitching. The girls really out did themselves! I love it!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

All the blocks are pretty......but your block at the bottom is gorgeous!

July 19, 2011 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Great post of the FF RR #15.All of the blocks look beautiful and your work on my block is especially wonderful!
Hugs,
Katy

July 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home